There are 7 types of Aliens:
- Green (STR 30, DEX 60, PSY 50). Ray-guns.
- Prime (STR 60, DEX 70, PSY 90). Ray guns and plasma rifles.
- Hornet (STR 40, DEX 65, PSY 55). Plasma rifles.
- Jackal (STR 80, DEX 50, PSY 80). Storm
- Viper (STR 70. DEX 70, PSY 70). Plasma rifles.
- Squid (STR 40, DEX 50, PSY 95). Ray guns.
- Spitter (STR 70, DEX 70, PSY 40). Built in plasma spit.
- Green (short green alien)
- Prime (tall green alien)
- Hornet (red with pincers)
- Jackal (squat, orange, 2 legs)
- Viper (red with a cobra-hood)
From left to right is:
- Hornet. Hornets will both seek targets and stand guard at key points.
- Jackal. The Jackal uses Storm weapons, which are high rate of fire explosive weapons. They can blast through a city or take down civilian units very quickly.
- Viper. Vipers will both seek targets and stand guard at key points.
- Squid. The squid has psi powers. With a successful psi attack (rings emit from the target's head), the alien AI will get updated with the location of all the units on the Terran/Civ team. They can then aggressively home in on units they couldn't previously see. An unsuccessful attack (purple particles) is good news, and alerts you to the presence of a Squid. Squids are between the Green and Prime in attack power.
- Spitter. The Spitter shoots a relatively low power green ray attack. Any Civ killed by the attack, becomes a Crawler. (Not pictured; purple color, looks like a crab.) Every turn there is about a 40% the Crawler will metamorphasize into a Spitter. Be very careful than you can become quickly overwhelmed in a Spitter mission, and be prepared to evac.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.